Saturday, August 28, 2010

OH CANADA! BEST OF ELLE CANADA SEPTEMBER 2010

First of all I love the modern Canadian vibe I get get from this cover.

My favourite parts of this issue:
- Jason Wu's interview. I have to buy/rent the Fashion Film he recommends; "Breathless"
- Interview with Roland Mouret about his inspirations and fall/winter 2010 collection. Which looks divine!



- Interview Milla Jovovich. There's a great interview question, "What was your first fashion moment?" It made me think of mine.. When I was 16, my mom bought me my first pair of designer heels :D They were black (of course), faux croc leather, 2.5"inch thick strappy sandals with a thick heel :) Before that I could credit fashion file, but I don't remember the day I started watching, it has just always been there.. I related to Milla's response about discovering her style in her 20's, using fashion to express herself without words.
- UP YOUR SLEEVE by David Livingstone. I love summer weather, but I LOVE fall fashion! 3/4 length sleeves, layers, textures, leggings, sweaters, tunics :) Sometimes I feel sexier covered up than exposed.



- Quilted Secrets by Laura DeCarufel. I didn't get into the Chanel exhibit hosted back in the spring, but thank god for well written articles..
- High rate fashion editorial on fall fashion :) Some great looks, I especially LOVED the Michael Kors jacket and Stella McCartney's sweater.
- Canadian Fall Fashion Editorial. My fav's were the Pink Tartan look, Andy The-Anh, Jeremy Laing's, Rita Liethebber, and Comrag's!
- Last but not least; Perfect Storm Nail Polish feature. I'm now dying to buy Essie's Sew Psyched and OPI's You Don't Know Jacques!

No comments:

Post a Comment