Saturday, August 6, 2011

OUR SPACE INVADER COLLECTION FROM PARIS

My favourite street artist is Space Invader. I discovered Space Invader while watching Banksy's film, Exit Through The Gift Shop. I love Space Invaders because of the tile mosaic angle of the art. I love the story and childhood connection to Space Invaders from playing at arcades, I love that there is no Space Invader tile mosaic that is the same. I also like that Space Invader uses a glue that offers maximum holding power and when one tries to steal this awesome piece of art, it will never come off it's structure in one piece. No one but the world will own these Invaders.

Grey, Yellow, Green Space Invader was the first one we spotted on our first night.

On our way to Museum d'Orsay we spotted this one. LOVE the paint brush detail :)



Spotted the Space Invader truck while waiting in line to enter Musee d'Orsay.



Spotted the following Space Invaders below in the Paris neighbourhood, Montmartre.










We found so many Invaders in Montmartre. Right when we were leaving and about to start walking down the hill, we spotted 2/4 more!!!





The last Space Invader we spotted. In the same neighbourhood as my Fiance's work Paris headquarters. More exact it was affixed outside the Virgin Megastore :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're so amazingly lucky to have seen those! I, too, watched the film featuring Banksy. Incredible. Keep on it!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wilda! I was (am) so excited to have spotted so many around Paris :)
    I have a Space Invader book and there are soo many more i/we missed, but more reason to go back!

    ReplyDelete