Tuesday, November 13, 2012

WEDDING DIY'S + OTHER DECOR IDEAS

This past June while we were planning our Wedding I wrote a post about a few Wedding DIY Decorations we were working on. I have been waiting for the right time after collecting as many photos as I could to post about the final outcomes of our Wedding DIY's and decisions on other decor items. To check out the first post I have a preview below with link or you can CLICK HERE


My flowers were roses, roses, roses with beautiful filler flowers that smelt lovely all day long. My mom and I pinned one of my Grandmother's angel pins on my Wedding Bouquet. Below are our DIY Ceremony Programs!!! This ended up being the most stressful DIY out of all but was happy with the results and I couldn't have finished them without my bridesmaids and families help.  The Blue, White & Red inspiration is a node to the tri-colour French Flag where Nathan proposed.




I wanted to prepared for photos and have poses and ideas in mind that reflected the couple we are. I started to fall in love with balloons in photos as the Wedding approached. After talking to N8 about the idea we decided the best look would be an ivory and silver combo to not overpower us ladies but enhance our natural beauty! It was a fabulous success because what it more fun that seeing balloons on at a special occasion? Letting them float out of your hand into the skies above :) 




The Ivory suitcase was a success. Great conversation piece and very handing for transporting special cards and gift from our friends and family. The brown leather suitcase didn't make an appearance until later unfortunately. The staff thought it was apart of the sound equipment and it went M.I.A.


Another proud DIY moment we had was the success of creating our own personalized table number cards. Idea from Pinterest yet again but after finding a breadth of beautiful vintage inspired postcards online, we couldn't not do it. Nathan proposing to me at the Eiffel Tower was a dream come true.




Heart shaped mints (favours) for our guests.



I found these awesome cake toppers online and we couldn't have been happier about them. The more traditional cake toppers in Wedding stores tend to have the couples hair colour matching. BARF.  I couldn't do that to the love of my life, I would rather not have a topper. But then I found these Japanese style Wedding Cake toppers and we were sold. I even took them on our honeymoon to take fun photos in the mountains.  


Last but DEFINITELY not least, our 2 DJ's and 1 MC were performed by three of N8's best guy friends, and it couldn't have been any more perfect dance party! They had the dance floor packed all night long. Which was great because I wasn't lonely. 
I danced the entire night :)




After becoming addicted to Pinteresttheknot.com, and after considering a bunch of other factors we have planned two Wedding DIYs for our special day. There may be other more personal touches as well on the big day but I don't want to give everything away..



The first DIY we have planned is turning these vintage inspired postcards I bought from zazzle.com into table number cards for the reception tables. 


The second Wedding DIY craft I have in mind was buying vintage suitcases that fit the style and the right size for its task on the big day.  


This well fitting Ivory vintage suitcase will be used as our "basket" for Congratulations cards. I will pick up letters from the dollar store/craft store and add them to the mirror as I have seen it done online.
Picture below: This vintage suitcase is going to be used to hold our (DIY) Ceremony Programs for the big day. I love that I found something that expands for more places to lay them out for guests to grab.





No comments:

Post a Comment